Sunday 4 April 2010

Weeeeeeeeeeeeebl

Right, I do actually feel the need to share this. For about 5 years now, I have been following the work of one Jonti Picking, also known as Weebl - yeah, one of those toys with a weight in the bottom. I didn't actually know what a weebl was until several years after I started watching his stuff, when my friend Danny spent every science lesson for a week trying to convince me what one was. I thought it was just another of his crazy schemes, like trying to convince people he still couldn't read analogue time...

Anyway.

I do now believe him, and I also realise why Weebl's most original and most popular creation of 'Weebl and Bob' are shaped as they are:


Yeah, like that. Weebl and Bob, along with many of his other creations like "Badgers" (badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM) and more recently "Amazing Horse" (all I shall say is that it turns back again when you tug on its winky. Nuff said) have been a genuine light in my life ever since I discovered them. They provide a paradise of merriment and immaturity to me in an increasingly serious and grown-up world, and possibly the best thing about these toons is that they will forever remain as such to me - silly voices and toilet humour will always have a home on weebls-stuff.com, a home that I can visit at any time I so wish.

It really doesn't do the man justice just to talk about his effect on me, and provide a critique of his work in far too adult a style to be suitable for the subject. So go check it out, this wonderful fortress of silliness courtesy of Mr Weebl, and laugh and giggle and cringe to your heart's content, and see life as it should be - silly, with no restraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment